Thursday, June 12, 2008

Photo crazy

A couple of days ago at my job, one of the new young engineers was asking me for some fittings for a project he's involved in. He had me order the parts and rather than wait for the local company to deliver the parts, he decided he would go pick them up himself. I showed him the business card with the address so he could write it down, but instead he took out a small digital camera and took a photo of the card. I was amazed. It took far less time than writing it down and he didn't have to worry about losing the note. I would have never thought of that. I'm convinced it's a generational thing. I'm 56 right now and he's maybe 25. His generation embraces these technologies in a way I never did. I loved that moment. I have been carrying a camera around in my pack for about a year now, but very rarely do I use it. I just don't document things that way. I am starting to rethink the way I do keep track of day to day things. I think I may start using the camera more.

No comments: