Sunday, June 22, 2008

Going through extinction leftovers

Today my sisters and I went over to my mom's apartment to go through some of the items my father left behind after he passed away. Turns out you really can't take anything with you when you go. He left a boatload of junk behind. My mother had already gone through some of the stuff and got rid of most of that, but she wanted to give us a chance to decide on any keepsakes. Turns out he collected key-fobs and belt buckles, I did not know he was such a pack rat. In any case, it turned out to be kind of fun, with my sisters and I sort of bonding and reminiscing about the old days. Next week we are going to a favorite spot of his to scatter his ashes and maybe say a few things. My sisters are all believers in the invisible guy in the sky so there may be prayers. If it helps them, it's OK by me.

No comments: