Sunday, June 8, 2008

Iraq for sale

I just watched the movie "Iraq for Sale" and now I'm really depressed. I consider myself patriotic enough, I mean I spent 6 years in the Navy right out of high school, so I figure I've done my part for this country. But if even half of what's in the movie is true, I'm kind of ashamed of us. Apparently the movie is a year or two old, but my wife recorded it and set me down to watch it with her. Now she's pissed at Congress and I'm just sad.
On another note, I spent the day putting in the new insulation in the living room as part of the "Home Improvement Project". It's the first time I've worked with fiberglass and I didn't like it. Too itchy. I was able to mostly finish but by the end of the day I was beat. Mostly because I was using a respirator and it's a lot of work breathing through filters all day. My knees took a beating too from kneeling on the concrete foundation for cutting and measuring. Next step is the drywall.

No comments: